10.18.2009

Remembering Grandma Nixon


My Grandma Nixon would have turned 94 today. The family always came together to celebrate her birthday, so today, I wanted to continue that by celebrating the life she lived. The older I get, I realize how strong of a person she truly was...such a role model for me, even now. Each time she became sick and weak, we would ask, "How are you?" and she would almost always reply, "I'm good, how are you?" Her focus was never on her pain, even when she had the right to complain. Her drive to stay "busy" when she couldn't even walk or lift herself still makes me smile. She would lift her arms up and down and rotate her ankles...this was what she called her exercise! She would read and write things down, or have us write them down for her, so that she could go back and read...so she would remember. I am so glad she got to meet Stella before she went to her new home. We miss you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment