1.26.2013

snow day, well..normal friday :)


I know the kids love snow, but all I know is if it's calling for snow or ice...Michael works.  So, for some odd reason, whenever I know it's going to sleet or ice or snow...(even though we would be home anyway if it weren't snowing, sleeting, or icing)...we feel the need to join in on the "snow days" :)
We did a few pinterest projects to keep us busy. (Actually the first project was done a few days earlier than the icy Friday)
We mixed glue and shaving cream to make puffy snow...I thought it was really neat, Stella was aggravated because it wasn't smooth on her paper, and Sawyer was just happy to have a paintbrush.  I tried to explain that it was like snow...puffy and fluffy...oh well..the texture was really neat when it dried.

Sawyer helping make his cake pops for his party.
 
 Stella working on her Dora floor puzzle...this is how she works some days...from the outside of the puzzle, in...

Our other project they enjoyed much more...making moldable snow.  We mixed 2 boxes of cornstarch and a can of shaving cream.

We made a few snowballs and snowmen, although the balls crumbled once they were on top of each other.  I think we needed more shaving cream to hold everything together a little more.
 
 Then, we brought out the snow plows...this was their favorite.



 
Then, we made snowman pancakes. :)

 
Happy Snowy, well normal, Icy Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment