4.04.2013

Easter, Part 2

To continue with our little Easter celebration....we read lots of book that reminded us what Easter is all about.  Sawyer even told me Jesus died on the cross, after he said Easter was about bunnies and Christmas...hmmm... :)  Stella decribed Easter like this: "there was an earthquake and the ground shook, the angel rolled the stone away and Jesus was alive." or "Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins, it was a very sad day." 
 
 One of the pictures Stella colored for the Preacher...no, she didn't draw it, but just so you know, there must be a mad artist in the Bradley household...I won't say who it is...
 
 We painted crosses...


 
 Gifts from the Easter bunny...I know if looks like Sawyer got the shaft, but his "big" present wasn't what he was excited about...
 
  Instead of dying Easter eggs this year, I used some water colors that I had when I was in the classroom and let them paint them...they loved this.
 
Easter morning...I about broke my neck running to get the camera to get this picture of Stella buttoning Sawyers shirt...


love them...


After church we headed to Candice's for the Nixon family Easter feast and egg hunt.  We were so glad Mom felt up to going...this was one of the first days she actually was out of the house and had a little normalcy in life :) God is good.


 
before digging in the eggs to find the goodies :)
 
Hope you had a blessed Easter, as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment