Stella has been on a sewing kick lately. We've had the sewing machine down for several months now, but finding the time to do something new is always hard. So, one day during nap time, Mom came out to show me a few basics. Stella was so proud of me (of sewing one straight line). Later that week, she went to Grandma Spencer's and let her in on her new hobby...so grandma sent her home with a basket full of sewing "stuff". Long story made short...she insisted that I sew her doll a new dress...things got quiet and I came in the kitchen to find that she had already been cutting her doll out an outfit with some of the fabric from Grandma's house. She was so sad that she couldn't figure out how to get it done, so I tried my best and while Sawyer was still asleep, I made my first doll dress. :) The smile on her face was priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment