10.17.2011

little conversations..

Life is becoming so fast pace, that I hardly ever get to pull out my scrapbook stuff and just have fun....so this is becoming my place to document, and maybe one day I'll add it to a page old style in Stella's book... but until then, this is what happened tonight...simple, but something this Momma will miss once the kiddies are older.


Most nights are pretty predictable...eat supper, clean up while we play, have a bath, read our stories, then go to bed. Every night isn't always peachy, and sometimes I feel like a broken record, but Iguess that just comes with parenting. Not until recently has Stella discovered the freedom of getting out of her bed and coming to find us. She loves the independence...I can see it on her face. Tonight, I gave her a bath while Michael played with Sawyer, then we switched and I fed him while Stella picked books out for Michael to read to her. After putting him in bed, we switched again while I rocked Stella...read more books, then put her in bed.


Michael was in the den working on the computer, so I went to get in the shower. Shortly after my quiet time had begun..I hear little footsteps. This is the part I'll miss...I know it.


Our conversation went like this....very simple, very short, but the look on her face was so sweet, and her little voice so precious.


S: Mommy? Me: Yes S: Are you in the shower? Me: Yes, what are you doing? S: I'm just reading books. Me: Where's Daddy? S: He's in brother's room, rocking Bubba. Me: Ok, I'll be in there in a minute S: Mommy, are you dirty? Me: Yea. I'm coming S: O-tay


Michael said she went back in her room, shut the door and went back to her reading. About 15 minutes later, we hear those little footsteps again. Here she comes with a sweet, innocent smile on her face.... I love her to pieces. Maybe I'll get some quiet time before 10:00 tonight..who knows. :)



1 comment:

  1. Aw. :D I miss you guys... A lot. D: I hope I get to see y'all soon! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete